VGC International Education works with a number of universities that offer a wide range of scholarship options to students. Most of the scholarships are based purely on merit. Some are based on merit and financial need and others on nationality.
We can offer you the most up to date information on these. Below is just a selection of the scholarships currently available:
- Curtin University Scholarships
There are a number of international student scholarships provided by the University and the Australian government, which enable students from all backgrounds to realize their potential.
- Australia Awards Scholarship
Australia Awards Scholarships provide higher education opportunities for people from select developing countries, particularly countries located in the Indo-Pacific region. These merit-based scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate study.
- Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are academic merit-based scholarships supported by the Australian government. They provide opportunities for people from the Asia-Pacific region, Middle East, Europe and the Americas to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
If you are an international student undertaking a master or doctoral degree by research at Curtin University, you may be eligible for the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship scheme. This scholarship covers tuition fees, your Overseas Student Health Cover and provides you with a tax-free living allowance.
- International Transport Masters Scholarships
The Institute for Transport Studies (ITS), University of Leeds, is offering two 50% fees scholarships, each worth £7875, to provide development opportunities to students of outstanding ability, achievement and potential.
The scholarships will fund 50% of the tuition fees for two international students to undertake a full time Masters degree programme at ITS. The scholarships form part of the ITS mission to advance the understanding of global transport, via the development of future transport professionals.
Scholarship applications can be made for any of the five programmes:
- MA Transport Economics
- MSc Sustainability (Transport)
- MSc Transport Planning
- MSc Transport Planning and the Environment
- MSc (Eng) Transport Planning and Engineering
- International Scholarships
The University of Lincoln offers an extensive range of competitive International Scholarships for our Undergraduate and Postgraduate applicants.
Undergraduate applicants can choose to apply for the different scholarships we offer, for example our Santander Scholarship worth £5,000 each for the subjects: BSc (Hons) Chemistry and BSc (Hons) Mathematics. We also offer a Santander Scholarship of £5,000 for an undergraduate student wishing to apply for any subject. The awards will go to students with the highest academic qualifications.
Undergraduate students from Nigeria can apply for our Academic Excellence Scholarship worth 50% of the first year course fees on MSc Computer Science at our University.
- Chevening scholarship Chevening is the UK government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from your country and beyond to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
If you have ambition, leadership potential, and a strong academic background, we encourage you to go to grow in the UK as a Chevening Scholar.
- Rotary International Scholarship Rotary clubs offer scholarships for secondary, undergraduate, or graduate study.Rotary club scholarships are given by individual clubs and are open to anyone except Rotary members and their families. Contact your local club for application information and eligibility requirements.
The Rotary Foundation also offers scholarships for college graduates and professionals to study peace and conflict resolution or water and sanitation.
Rotary peace fellowships are available to candidates who want to participate in a master’s degree or certificate program at one of our six partner universities.
Foundation water scholarships are available to candidates who have already been admitted to one of IHE Delft Institute for Water Education eligible 18-month Master of science degree programs.
- PTDF ScholarshipThe Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to specific programmes at selected Institutions in the United Kingdom.The PTDF Scholarship Scheme for UK Universities will offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions in the United Kingdom.
Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at partner institutions in the United Kingdom (full list of sponsored courses is available below). The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
Other scholarship opportunities also available to Nigerians Contact us at visagcl for details/guidance